Get Inspired By 26 Speakers Including Pfizer, Novartis, Astellas, Ipsen, Teva & More As They Reveal How To Drive Patient Centricity & Engagement With Meaningful Patient Involvement
Drive Patient Centricity & Engagement With Meaningful Patient Involvement: Embed Patients At the Heart of Decision Making With Actionable Strategies Which Inform Clinical Trial Design, Drug Development & Commercial Success With Early Patient Involvement, Patient Journey Insights, Meaningful Partnerships, Digital & Tech Innovations & Stakeholder Collaboration
A One-Day Conference & Networking Event, 19th May 2019, Central London
09.10 It’s Time To Think Practically! Actionable Insights Into Using Patient Data & Feedback To Improve Patient Welfare & Strategic Success
- You want to support patients, but there’s so many rules and regulations! How can pharma gain real insights into patient needs and understand their journey with limited data access?
- How can the industry better understand the patient voice to deliver what patients want and need to improve patient outcomes?
- What tools are out there to tackle patient data, information and feedback and translate them into real life, applicable insights and action plans?
- Benchmarking patient engagement levels throughout to determine to what extent your activities are making a difference
Head of Vaccines Patient Office
The Patient Journey - Q&A Panel
09.30 High-Impact Strategies To Improve The End-To-End Patient Journey: How Can Pharma Improve Patient Experience?
- Beyond the pill! Examining opportunities in the patient journey to determine where pharma can most tangibly improve patient experiences and commercial success
- Combatting misinformation by uncovering where patients seek information and equipping patients with accessible, easily digestible information from day one to empower them to make their own decisions
- How can you accurately measure and determine the value that your strategies are adding to the patient – and the business?
Head of Market Access & Government Affairs
Early Patient Involvement In Clinical Trials
10.00 Strategies To Engage Patients Early On In Clinical Trial Design & Drug Development To Ensure Faster, More Effective Market Access & Better Patient Outcomes
- Practical steps to improve patient recruitment and increase adherence and retention to ensure accurate testing, produce optimal products and enable drugs to get from lab to shelf as quickly as possible
- Meaningful methods to involve patients from the start and post-trial to gain real-world evidence and incorporate impactful, value-adding patient feedback into drug development
- How can patients be encouraged to participate in the creation of new medical devices, apps and digital health to enrich business and patient outcomes?
- Closing the loop – how can pharma brands build a community and better relay the outcomes of a clinical trial to the patient volunteers?
Global Patient Centricity Director
10.20 Morning Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
10.50 Within3 Cast Study
Patient Feedback - Panel
11.05 The Patient Platform: Sharing Insights & Feedback Around Patient Motivations, Wellbeing, Preferences & Experiences
- What has motivated you to be here today and want to directly engage with the industry?
- What have been the highs and lows of your experiences and relationships with pharma?
- Patient reported outcomes are great, but what do you as patients consider value adding?
- How can pharma continue to encourage patients to actively participate in the end-to-end clinical trials process?
- Where do you think opportunities lie for pharma to positively impact your treatment and wider wellbeing?
11.35 Achieving Patient Centricity In The Next Generation Of Clinical Trials
The landscape of clinical trials is rapidly changing, with the adoption of novel technologies and innovation in trial design amidst the fall out of COVID-19.
How do you maintain patient-friendly clinical trials in such an environment?
This presentation will highlight some of the challenges and successes experienced in navigating this landscape, how the NIHR has worked in collaboration with patients, Industry and other key stakeholders to provide the required solutions.
Business Development Officer & Patient Engagement Project Lead
National Institute of Health Research (NIHR)
Patient Advocacy Partnerships
11.50 Forming Strong, Meaningful & Long-Lasting Strategic Patient-Pharma Partnerships Which Add Value To Patients & Pharma Alike
- Just how do you go about forming a partnership? From identifying the right partners to co-creating strategic relationships with longevity, how has the relationship evolved?
- Manage expectations to work together towards a common goal and raise greater awareness of the disease, improve quality of life and treatment options and provide support from day one
- The success stories! How to maintain a successful partnership beyond the honeymoon period and secure an ongoing collaboration with measurable impact?
- Evidence the value created for patients, the healthcare system and pharmaceuticals
UK External Communications Manager
Internal & Patient Collaboration - Case Study
12.10 In-Depth Haematology Case Study
Internal Collaboration Between Medical & Patient Engagement Functions For In-Depth, Value-Adding Patient Insights & Outcomes
12.30 Lunch For Delegates, Speakers & Partners
Collaborating With Stakeholders - Q&A Panel
13.40 Tangible Techniques To Overcome Blockers, Achieve Strong Collaborative Relationships & Align Multiple Stakeholders Behind The Patient
- From industry to patient advocacy groups to regulators to healthcare and government; we’ve all got our own agendas, but how can we best collaborate and refocus on the patient?
- How can we better understand different objectives and priorities and communicate effectively to manage expectations and align to one another?
- Learning from one another! Sharing best practice, innovations and patient strategies which have delivered real impact
14.10 Bonus Session: Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner. For more information on how to get involved, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email email@example.com.
Digital & Tech
14.25 What We Can Learn From Disney To Help Patients Become The Heroes Of Their Healthcare Journeys?
What is the hero's journey and how might it apply to healthcare?
How does the hero's journey challenge us to think differently?
What role can digital solutions play in transforming patient outcomes and experiences?
14.45 Open Health Case Study
15.10 Afternoon Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
Overcoming Barriers To Patient Centricity - Q&A Panel
15.40 Overcome Internal & Industry Barriers To Ensure Genuine Patient Centricity, Embed The Patient At The Heart Of The Business & Commit To More
- Break down those barriers! Challenge internal apathy and demonstrate the value and commercial benefits of consistent patient involvement to secure senior buy-in and thoroughly embed patient centricity in your organisation
- Navigate patient expectations, regulation, internal policies and communications barriers to successfully execute patient strategies
- Go beyond paying lip service: how can you ascertain that your internal patient support is actually translating to better patient outcomes?
16.10 Origins Case Study
16.25 Consider Patient Needs Beyond Treatment & Health: Actionable Measures To Positively Impact Patient Safety, Data & Wellbeing
- How can you ensure that patient safety is at the forefront of every internal process?
- Navigating the world of data! How can you compliantly and ethically collect and manage patient data to ensure their privacy and integrity?
- Beyond the pill, beyond the disease, beyond the treatment: ensure you are seeing the full patient picture and considering wellbeing factors from mental health, to pain management, to quality of life
16.45 Co-Chairs’ Closing Remarks
16.50 Official Close Of Conference